À BLOC OFFICIALLY LAUNCHES CRAFT BEER FOR CYCLISTS IN AUSTRALIA AT THE TOUR DOWN UNDER
ADELAIDE - January 3, 2017 - Dutch cycling beer brand à BLOC is launching its à BLOC Superprestige beer in Australia during the Tour Down Under in Adelaide. The launch includes a number of events, led by the Car Park Party in Adelaide CBD on the 21st of January where an expected 5,000 guests will celebrate at the finish line with a nice cold à BLOC craft beer.
à BLOC has developed a craft beer brewed for cyclists. It is a fresh, full-flavoured, and yet easy to drink unfiltered blonde beer (4.9% alc/vol), naturally rich in proteins and vitamin B. They’ve added Alpine Minerals to make it the perfectly refreshing beer to savor with friends after a ride, and so everyone can ride full gas again tomorrow.
After a successful launch in the Netherlands, they’re now taking à BLOC craft beer to Australia. The country has a large and fast-growing cycling community and is seen as being amongst the most influential in the cycling world. It has a well-developed craft beer culture with excellent craft brewers that know the local market. This makes Australia an ideal place to launch à BLOC craft beer.
à BLOC Australia has teamed up with local craft beer experts Cavalier Brewing to produce the beer domestically. The craft beer will be distributed through a number of partners and will be available in bars and stores in Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, and Brisbane, as well as online. Other cities will follow soon with plans to have 150 points of sale in Australia by the end of 2017.
Local partner Ashley Bleeker will lead à BLOC’s Australian business. Ash has a background in business development and is an entrepreneur at heart. He jumped on board with à BLOC because he saw the opportunity to build a strong, genuine brand around a great product that combines two of his passions – cycling and beer.
Overview of the Car Park Party:
- Rundle Place Car Park, Adelaide CBD
- Date January 21st, 2017
- Registration open: 5.30 PM
- Race start: 6.30 PM
- Expected race finish: 10 PM
- Entrants: capped @120 pax
- à BLOC bars at start and finish of the course
- DJ setup on premises, up to 5,000 guests expected
- Organised by VTWO (www.vtwo.com.au) partnered with Cycling Tips (www.cyclingtips.com)
About à BLOC
à BLOC wants to be where cycling achievements are celebrated and stories are told.
Performance and challenging each other are some of life’s great experiences. Through them, friendships are forged, especially in cycling. Wherever we ride, we always carry with us a portion of our sport’s rich legacy. We wait at the top of the climb, and return together, because our performances are of little value if we cannot share them with friends. We ride together because it’s simply better to share our experiences. The language of cycling is universal. Cycling binds us together, making friendships which can last for years or just till the finish line.
à BLOC builds a community of cycling enthusiasts. A place for all of us who share the same passion. It’s a club where membership is automatic, because we speak the same language. When you know how it feels to ride cobblestones, to arrive on top of a col, or to sprint to the finish line, that’s when you’re a member for life. And let’s drink to that.
à BLOC is currently raising funds through a crowdfunding campaign on Symbid. See press release here.
TDU x à BLOC - Calendar of events
- Beer partner for the V Two/Cycling Tips Carpark Climb – bike racing in a CBD car park, with a DJ, bars and thousands of spectators to get things really pumping https://www.facebook.com/events/398490377157877/
- Launch partner with Cycling Tips for the Thereabouts 3: Columbia movie premiere – the Morton brothers visit Columbia to discover the cycling culture and what exactly makes this unlikely country such a unique breeding ground for some of the best cyclists in the world https://www.facebook.com/events/1212074272179662/
- Supporter of Port Adelaide Cycling Club’s Roller Frenzy XI – a night of head-to-head handicapped bicycle roller races to test everyone’s abilities and provide a great backdrop to a social night out with a bunch of bicycle nuts https://www.facebook.com/events/1488324647847596/
- Partnering with Norwood Cycling Club to support its TDU Criterium Super Series – a three-race event concluding at the Victoria Park criterium track on Wed 18 Jan where the à BLOC bar will be in full swing to support competitors and spectators to celebrate their achievements and share the enjoyment of the TDU carnival atmosphere http://www.norwoodcc.com.au/info/super_series_2017
- Stocked in some of Adelaide’s most cycle-friendly cafes for post ride story-telling and recovery: 1) Hey Jupiter @heyjupitercafe in Adelaide’s CBD. 2) Whistle & Flute Café @whistleandfluteadelaide in Unley. 3) The Velo Precinct @TheVeloPrecinct1 in the picturesque grandstand in Victoria Park (and owned by Aussie cycling legend Stuart O’Grady), hosting the Shut Up Legs Dinner with Jens Voigt on Friday 20 Jan, making it the ideal spot to have a drink and watch: 1) the Women's TDU final stage criterium on Tue 17 Jan. (http://tourdownunder.com.au/en/the-race/womens/stages/stage-4), and 2) the final criterium in Norwood Cycling Club's 3-race TDU Super Series on Wed 18 Jan (http://www.norwoodcc.com.au/info/super_series_2017)
- Supporting the refreshment needs of various groups out on the road throughout the TDU, including 1) the Bupa Challenge ride on Fri 20 Jan (http://tourdownunder.com.au/en/the-race/tour-details/stages/stage-4) and 2) the Queen’s Stage on Willunga Hill on Sat 21 Jan (http://tourdownunder.com.au/en/the-race/tour-details/stages/stage-5)
Download PDFDownload PDF
About à BLOC
Craft Beer Made for Cyclists
à BLOC brings together two of our favourite worlds: cycling and craft beer. We blended these and put them in a bottle, creating à BLOC Superprestige Natural Blonde Beer. The recipe has been designed to be the most refreshing post-ride beer you can have. It contains elements of a Pilsner, IPA and Hefeweizen, and the result is a great tasting crisp and refreshing, unfiltered and unpasteurised craft beer, rich in proteins and vitamin B. On top of that, we added Alpine Minerals making à BLOC the perfect beer for after a ride.
We’re both local and global. We created the recipe with our master brewer in The Netherlands, and we work with craft brewers around the world to brew locally with the best ingredients. This enables us to brew our beer close to the cycling communities we serve around the world, making for a better quality beer and reducing transport. We sell online and we want to work with local bike couriers to deliver the beers. It’s a win-win for everyone, and better for our planet!
More about the beer at www.abloc.beer
We Share The Ride
à BLOC is more than just a beer. Our goal is to unite cyclists around the world and celebrate the beauty of cycling. We believe that performances and challenging each other are some of life’s greatest experiences. Through them, friendships are forged, especially in cycling. We ride hard, but we wait on the top of the climb to return together. So we can share our stories in good company. And with a great beer!
We created the wesharetheride.com platform to inspire cyclists and facilitate them going with friends to do what we like best: riding our bikes and discovering awesome places. So we’re not just selling beer, we’re creating a worldwide community of like-minded, passionate cyclists.
More about our community at www.wesharetheride.com